Matters Arising from Previous Posts
Good Cause, Good Content, Good Visibility
Good Thinking, Good Participation, Good Action
At Development Change Champions Blog, we take each of the above fundamental issues seriously and we encourage shift away from focus on problems and passing blame and shift towards focus on solutions and opportunities.
We have Good Cause and Good Content. We seek Good Visibility. Please share your thoughts on way forward.
We have Good Thinking. We seek Good Participation and Good Action. Please share your thoughts on way forward.
Reordered Publishing of Articles
The Article scheduled for publication today is “Rethinking, Redesigning, Rebuilding International Institutions Advocacy Systems”. This Article will now be published on 22 November 2010 to allow for today’s article. When it is necessary to reorder publishing schedule to allow for posting of articles, we consider to be of higher priority in the National / International Development Cooperation, we would do this and amend our list of Articles for publication accordingly.
Reinforcing and Reinvigorating Implementation of G20
As G20 Leaders end 5th G20 Summit, the time is now for them to genuinely recognize that the mutual prosperity and mutual security of all UN Member Countries – Rich and Poor; Developed and Developing; Big and Small; is a fact that should be taken more seriously, if full implementation of G20 Summit Declarations are to be taken more seriously by them – in the interest of their own citizens and citizens of other countries, particularly billions of the world’s poor.
It is pertinent to note that Current Global Recession is Linked to World Food, Fuel, Finance and Terrorism Problems; that improved Global Collective Action for tackling these World problems is a major reason for expanding G8 to G20; that from the 1st G20 Summit hosted November 2008 hosted by US to the 4th G20 Summit hosted by Canada earlier in the year, many decisions that ought to have been fully implemented by now are either partially implemented or not implemented at all; that as long as Lessons are not ACTUALLY Learnt in the implementation of past G20 Summit declarations; it would be discovered, sadly with possible adverse consequences, that come the 6th G20 Summit in 2011, some 5th G20 Summit decisions that ought to have been fully implemented would still be partially implemented or not implemented at all. Given the magnitude and complexity of the issues that G20 Leaders have to address, would it be a good idea to reduce G20 Meetings from twice a year to once a year starting in 2011?
It is clear that sustainable solutions to Global Recession, World Food, Fuel, Finance and Terrorism problems greatly depends on reinvigorating and reinforcing G20 Global Solutions to Global Problems Initiative in ways that include adequately Comprehensive Political Solutions, Economic Solutions and Technical Solutions to these real and complex world problems on the ground and this greatly depends on reinvigorating and reinforcing MDGs’. Paris Declaration, PD; Accra Action Agenda, AAA; One UN Imitative / Delivery as One, DaO; in ways that include adequately comprehensive Political Solutions, Economic Solutions and Technical Solutions to these World Vision real and complex Village to Global problems on the ground.
Yes, G20 has done much since November 2008 to date. However, the increasing pain and misery – largely avoidable, of Citizens in France, UK, US, other Developed Countries and Developing Countries, indicates that much remains to be done and much more could have been achieved at less cost and less pain, had there been full implementation and effective monitoring, evaluation and assessment of the full implementation of G20 Summits 1 – 4 Declarations. This Flaw is a Scar on the Conscience of G20 Leaders; National and International Media Executives and the Boards of Global, Regional and National: Research, Planning, Statistics, Implementation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Assessment Professional Bodies.
The UK Evaluation Society 2010 Conference 22 – 23 November 2010 would be looking at Global Recession, World Food, Fuel, Finance and Terrorism problems as it affects the
and contributions UK Evaluators could make to help tackle UK National Development and International Development Challenges. There is a session devoted to innovative and creative solutions to these complex problems as it affects UK relations with African and Asian Countries. A set of innovative an creative solutions has been left out that makes the UKES 2010 Conference incomplete, if this Conference is to make optimum contribution towards removing this Scar on the Conscience of these Political Leaders and Professional leaders. It is in UK interest, G20 interest and rest of the World interest, that decision to exclude this set of innovative and creative solutions be reviewed. Also the International Development Evaluation Society, IDEAS, 2011 Global Assembly would looking at the same problems from a Global Perspective and in our view would achieve more should IDEAS Board recognize that the underlying fundamental issues go beyond Development Evaluation and so take special care to focus the General Assembly on innovative and creative Political Solutions, Economic Solutions and Technical Solutions. UK
If we can be frank:-
1. Reinvigorating and Reinforcing the implementation as well as the monitoring, evaluation and assessment of the full implementation of G20 Summit Declarations, MDGs’, PD, AAA, One UN Initiative / Delivery as One, greatly depends on changing the way things work in the Governments and Societies of G20 Countries, particularly US, UK, France, Germany, India, China, Brazil and Saudi Arabia; Non G20 Countries particularly Nigeria and Egypt; G20 Institutions particularly UN Headquarters, All UN Agencies Headquarters, Regional Offices and Country Offices; World Bank Group – all 5 Institutions; World Bank Group – Independent Evaluation Group – all 3 Institutions; IMF, EC and Non G20 Institutions particularly OECD.
2. The sustainable success of Transformations and Movements Driving Village to Global Strategies, Policies, Programs and Projects within (1) greatly depends on identifying, empowering, promoting and protecting Professionals in all relevant Disciplines / Specializations, who have the intellectual capacity to grapple effectively with the challenges of National Development Cooperation and International Development Cooperation – Professionals who are genuine Development Change Champions with adequate levels of expertise, experience, exposure and energy to help Political leaders and Professional Leaders to jointly achieve World Visions ambitions.
In view of the above, we wish to make the following calls:-
A. Political Leaders - Countries
1. We call on Political Leaders and Professional Leaders to quickly agree on a Roadmap to 6th G20 Summit Consultation Process and Negotiation Process that ensures Lessons Learnt implementing G20 Summits 1 – 4 are actually Learnt in the full implementation and monitoring, evaluation and assessment of the full implementation of 5th G20 Summit Declarations.
2. The One Mind from anywhere in the World with the most advance Village to Global Transformational Core Ideas that is sufficiently “All Encompassing, All Embracing and Ambitious” to help them achieve G20 Global Solutions to Global Problems Initiative Ambitions linked to achieving MDGs’; PD; AAA and One UN Initiative / Delivery as One Ambitions, to which all relevant Services / Sectors / Issues within each of the 5 World Visions – Village to Global Transformations Ideas would be anchored; identify the minds with the Services / Sectors / Issues Ideas and go further to empower, promote and protect these innovative and creative minds.
B. Political Leaders – International Institutions
We call on Political Leaders, Heads of Institutions, Senior Administrators and Senior Technocrats of International Institutions particularly UN, World Bank, IMF to recognize that as long as they fail to demand adequate levels of Transformation within National Development Cooperation and International Development Cooperation, they are in reality increasing World Poverty and World Hunger, that is in effect they are working against increasing Development Impact and development Effectiveness Worldwide.
C. Political Leaders – International and National Media
We call on Political Leaders, Heads of Institutions, Senior Administrators and Senior Technocrats of International and National Media to recognize that as long as they fail to articulate, implement and monitor, evaluate and assess New Media Agenda, they would be unable to influence necessary Transformations within National Development Cooperation and International Development Cooperation, thus hurting their own Journalists colleagues as well as citizens of both Developed and Developing Countries.
D. Political Leaders – Global, Regional and National Professional Bodies
We call on Boards, Institution Members and Individual Members of Research, Planning, Statistics, Implementation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Assessment Professional Bodies to recognize that as long as they fail to build adequate levels of knowledge, competencies, capacity, networking, they would be unable to influence necessary Transformations within National Development Cooperation and International Development Cooperation, thus hurting their own Members as well as citizens of both Developed and Developing Countries.
E. Opinion Leaders – Developed Countries
We call on Developed Countries Citizens, particularly the Opinion Leaders in Business Community and the Larger Civil Society to recognize that as long as they fail to Demand adequate levels of Transformations within National Development Cooperation and International Development Cooperation from their own Governments, they are in reality increasing the impact and duration of triple whammy – high inflation, high unemployment and low growth in their own countries; that is in reality hurting themselves and people they love.
F. Opinion Leaders – Developing Countries
We call on Developing Countries Citizens, particularly the Opinion Leaders in Business Community and the Larger Civil Society to recognize that as long as they fail to Demand adequate levels of Transformations within National Development Cooperation and International Development Cooperation from their own Governments, they are in reality increasing the impact of Globalization as Force for Evil; that is in reality hurting themselves and people they love.
If you want to participate in the implementation of ideas and suggestions generated from discussions on this Platform, we invite you to join Multidisciplinary Professionals Community of Practice on Poverty Elimination and Environmental Sustainability, MPCOP-PE&ES and Comprehensive Systemic Reform, CSR Project. Please send 3PCM and CSR Project enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
List of Topics for Next 10 Weeks.
New Topic Posted Every Monday
1. MDGs’ at 10: How to Achieve Sustainable Success in the Implementation of Outcome 2010 UN MDGs’
? 8 November 2010 Ref 2/2010 Summit
2. Reinforcing and Reinvigorating Implementation of G20
Declarations 15 November 2010 Ref 3/2010 Summit
3. Rethinking, Redesigning, Rebuilding Country / International Institutions Advocacy Systems 22 November 2010 Ref 4/2010
4. Transforming Policy, Program, Project Failure into Success 29 November 2010 Ref 5/2010
5. One Worldwide Competencies Framework for All 6 December 2010 Ref 6/2010
6. Reforms for Achieving National Visions and Global Visions 13 December 2010 Ref 7/2010
7. Human Rights and Governance 20 December 2010 Ref 8/2010
8. Religion and World Sustainable Development 27 December 2010 Ref 9/2010
9. New Year;
3 January 2011 Ref 10/2010 New Hope
10. Elections, Economic Growth and Pro Poor Institutional Reforms 10 January 2011 Ref 1/2011
Together we can help make our World a
Better Placeto Live, Work and Recreate for Citizens and Immigrants in all Countries Rich and Poor.
Better Placeto Live, Work and Recreate for Citizens and Immigrants in all Countries Rich and Poor.