INTERATIONAL SOCIETY FOR POVERTY ELIMINATION ECONOMIC ALLIANCE GROUP
Rethinking War on Terrorism as Major Driver of New National and International Development Systems fit for the 21st Century: Master Key for achieving 2030 Agenda: AAAA, SDG, COP21, Agenda 21 Vision Ambitions in all 193/306 UN Member States by Target Date – Central Role for National and International Journalists.
Our Nigeria and Our World is in crisis. Should National and World Leaders continue to look on and sit by until Fulani Herdsmen Menace; UK Brexit Challenge; EU Illegal Migration and Migration Abuse Time Bombs as well as other National and Global problems Time Bombs explode, the ultimate consequences would be catastrophic for our Fragile Planet.
Now that increasingly Fantasy Meet Brutal Reality – the Time to Reason and Get Real is now. That is more determined effort need to be made to find adequate levels of Integrated Sustainable Solutions; fully implement these Integrated Sustainable Solutions and effectively evaluate this implementation, as appropriate to each specific Community, Sub-national, National, Sub-regional and Regional location context.
It is pertinent to note that it is not only South Countries especially Sub Sahara Countries that have Sustainable Development problems. All 193/306 UN Member States have Sustainable Development problems and need to pull their weight to ensure 2030 Agenda, especially its overarching Agenda the SDG is fully implemented and evaluated at home and globally. The UK Environmental Audit Committee Report on SDG in the UK present evidence supporting this fact.
The Design and Delivery of these Integrated Sustainable Solutions demand Activists; Organizers; Intellectuals and Publicists in all 193/306 UN Member States on one hand and Political Leaders; Eminent Persons; Civil Service Leaders and Religious Leaders in Republic of Ireland, UK, EU and Europe; Nigeria, ECOWAS, other African Sub-regions and Africa; US, other Countries and other Sub-regions Worldwide on the other hand adopting Joined Up or One Worldwide Approach – Not One Cap fit All for alignment, harmonization, coordination and unification of 2030 Agenda Policy, Program Project Interventions, 3PIs and 3PIs Training as One.
There is a need for full implementation with effective monitoring and evaluation of:-
- EU/AU Summit November 2017 Outcome Document Recommendations.
- 52nd ECOWAS Heads of Government (HoG) Meeting December 2017 Outcome Document Recommendations.
- 2030 Agenda – AAAA, SDG, COP21, Agenda 21
(1)–(3) need to be aligned and harmonized with Community and Country Development Plans and in ways that effectively demonstrate clear answers to How questions. This Paper sets out thoughts on priorities and direction moving forward to design and deliver such Integrated Sustainable Solutions in both North and South Countries. National and International Journalists have Central Role to Play if Success is to be achieved.
Human Rights Violations is cause and product of Poverty. Poverty is a cause and product of Terrorism. Terrorism thrive where there is No Justice No Security; No Security No Peace; No Peace No Development. This underlines urgent need to Rethink Development Finance; Rethink Global Economy; Rethink Evaluation; Rethink Development, Diplomacy, Defense, Democracy, Data and Digitization; Rethink Elections; Rethink Communication, Rethink Cooperatives and Rethink Multi Stakeholder Partnerships / Platforms, MSPs and Lobbying as Force for Good as Foundation for Achieving increasing Convergence between 2030 Transformation Agenda – Addis Ababa Action Agenda AAAA, Sustainable Development Goals SDG, Climate Change Agenda COP21, Agenda 21 Vision aligned and harmonized with Community Development Plans for each Community; Local Government Development Plans for each of 774 LGs; State Development Plans for each of 36 States, FCT Development Plan for FCT; National Development Plan Intention and Reality in each Community, each of 774 LGs, each of 36 States and FCT, Nigeria and equivalent structures in other UN Member States - both North and South Countries by 2030 Target Date”.
Nigeria is too Rich to be Poor and Too Poor to be Rich. Nigeria is too Rich to be Poor and Too Poor to be Rich. Poverty on such a scale – over 120 million poor Nigerians and over 2 billion Poor Worldwide living on less than US$2 per day while cows in Europe enjoy US$2 subsidy per day – is a Scar on the conscience of Nigeria and World Leaders and demands forceful Integrated Sustainable Solutions response from Stakeholders in each Community, each of 774 LGs, each of 36 States and FCT and National levels in Nigeria and Internationally at ECOWAS, Africa, UK, Europe, Commonwealth, US and Global levels to break this viscous circle on successful and sustainable basis.
Our view is that root cause or primary cause problems of UK Brexit, Nigeria Fulani Herdsmen Menace, Europe Migration and other National and Global problems include Poverty; that Poverty has Physical and Spiritual Dimensions and that adopting New Priorities and Facing New Direction within National and Global Collective Action could shift focus away from UK Brexit, Nigeria Fulani Herdsmen Menace, Europe Migration as Force for Evil in Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, UK, EU, Europe, Nigeria, Africa, US and World and shift focus towards UK Brexit, Nigeria Fulani Herdsmen Menace, Europe Migration as Force for Good in Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, UK, EU, Europe, Nigeria, Africa, US and World.
Terrorism is a Major Problem Worldwide. Nigeria Federal and State Governments are grappling with Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen Menace etc need more vigorous response from these Governments. Otherwise, should Fulani Herdsmen Menace Time Bomb be allowed to explode, it would make Boko Haram Child’s Play. This would in turn worse EU illegal Migration.
The Nigeria Governments – Federal and States, President Buhari, 36 Governors, select Nigeria Elders (Men and Women; Christians and Muslims) and Partners within and outside Nigeria have Central Role to Play if Rethinking War on Terrorism that is Integral Part of Rethinking War on Hunger, Malnutrition, Poverty, Disease and Corruption to be Fought and Won and in ways that help achieve Nigeria Rescue Mission that Work and World Rescue Mission that Work Vision Ambitions by 2030 SDG Target date.
New World Order Vision
The realities of: Brexit and Future UK and EU Relations; illegal Migrants, Migration Abuse and Future Africa and Europe Relations as well as Middle East Crisis and Future Israel and Palestine Relations underline Terrorism Dimensions of New World Order Vision.
This suggest urgent need to identify Terrorism - ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen Menace as well as Poverty – Hunger, Nutrition, Climate Change, Disaster Incidents root cause or primary cause problems on the ground in all 193/306 UN Member States and find Sustainable Solutions.
It is pertinent to note that our Nigeria and our World is in Crisis. Social Mess “a set of interrelated problems … resistant to analysis and, more importantly, to resolution.” Characteristics of a social mess generally, and sustainability specifically, include an absence of a unique and correct solution, interrelatedness of problems, ideological constraints, multiple possible intervention points, resistance to change, value conflict, and political and economic constraints” like Malnutrition is a problem in all North and South Countries in our World today. The difference is in the Degree.
The implication is that meaningfully addressing these real and complex problems on the ground Worldwide demand all National and World Leaders in all 193/306 UN Member States; all Leaders in UN System: UNO WBG IMF and their Partners, Individually and Jointly recognize:-
- Terrorism Dimension of 2030 Agenda
- Indivisibility of 2030 Agenda: AAAA, SDG, COP21, Agenda 21
- SDG as the Overarching 2030 Agenda
- Reality of Social Mess in all North and South Countries in our World today
- Implementation and Evaluation Framework that Work in each Community, in each of 774 Local Governments, in each of 36 States and FCT as well as National and International levels built upon:-
a) Massive Public Sensitization and Policy Reform
b) Massive Intellectual Deployment
c) Massive Communication for Behavior Impact and Changing Attitude and Behavior at Scale
d) Effectively addressing both Spiritual and Physical Dimension
e) Effectively tackling Thinking Through Linked to Knowledge and Evaluation Supply and Demand and Capacity Building - Individual, Institution, Society Supply and Demand
f) Effectively tackling all concerned Stakeholders Shared Vision Challenge.
Driving Work towards Ending: Terrorism, Hunger, Malnutrition, Poverty, Disease and Corruption Worldwide.
- Kick Start activities in (1) – (5) within Finance Innovation Dimension and Non Finance Innovation Dimension of Linked Food, Agriculture, Nutrition, Health, Education, Enterprise, Peace, Security, Communication, Cooperatives components of 2030 Agenda: Policy, Program, Project Interventions 3PIs and 3PIs Training as One.
Success Criteria – Interventions: National and Global Leaders Joint
- Overhaul of Decayed Systems to remove flaws and failures in National and International Diplomacy, Development, Defence, Democracy, Data and Digitization.
- Removal of Disconnect between Communities in both North and South Countries and UN System: UNO Headquarters New York; WBG Headquarters Washington and IMF Headquarters Washington.
- Mobilization of National and Global Collective Action to End Illegal Migration and Migration Abuse; deliver Alternative Brexit; End Fulani Herdsmen Menace and other Terrorism Activities as well as other National and Global complex problems.
- Resources: Influence, Science, Innovation, Technology (Management, Information, Internet, Computer, Bio, Energy, MIICBE) Fund, Manpower, Land, Water, Spiritual.
- Capacity Building on 3 Levels for all National and International Stakeholder Groups:-
a) Individual: Hard Competences – Learning and Skills and Soft Competences: Character, Courage and Mindset
b) Institution: Systems – Operations, Administration, Governance, Marketing, Funding, Technology MIICBE, Evaluation, Accountability, Regulation, Standards, Accounting, Service Delivery, Legal and Reform
c) Society: Spaces – Political, Cultural, Economic, Financial, Peace, Security, Religious, Moral, Cooperatives, Communication, Social, Environmental, Legal and Technical
- Sustainable Solutions to Fulani Herdsmen Menace within Nigeria Rescue Mission that Work and World Rescue Mission that Work.
- Political Support of President Mohammadu Buhari and World Leaders.
It is pertinent to note that:-
- UN Member States are looking up to UN System: UNO, WBG, IMF Entities for help to implement 2030 Agenda – Addis Ababa Action Agenda AAAA, Sustainable Development Goals SDG, Climate Change Agenda COP21, Agenda 21 Vision aligned and harmonized with Community Development Plans and National Development Plans but these Entities themselves need help before they can help Member States.
- SDG is the overarching Agenda among the Four 2030 Agendas.
- SDG affect all Countries – North and South in our World today and not just South Countries.
- At End 4th quarter 2017 Year 2 of Implementation of SDG Basic Issues that ought to have been settled by end 2nd quarter 2015 Year of Decision are still outstanding and may remain outstanding for many more Years.
- Our World continue to grapple with SDG Implementation and Evaluation Challenges using Multiple Approaches some of which are divergent and World Leaders are wondering why they are Not Getting it Right doing Business as Usual rather than Adopting One Worldwide Approach to Get it Right DOING Business Unusual.
- The most Advance such One Worldwide Approach that is sufficiently All Inclusive, All Embracing and Ambitious yet not One Cap fit All is 3PCM Approach to National and International Development Cooperation created by Nigerian Mr. Lanre Rotimi and German Dr. Hellmut Eggers. 3PCM Approach to National and International Development Cooperation includes Whole of Society Approach; Whole of Government Approach; Whole of UN System: UNO, WBG, IMF Approach; Whole of Community Approach
National Security and National Economy
At the National Security Summit May 2017 the Sultan and the Ooni made useful contributions. Effort by ISPE/EAG to get National Council Traditional Rulers of Nigeria, NCTRN to support practical Implementation and Evaluation Frameworks for the National Security Summit Outcome Document Recommendations and Conclusions including the Comments and Suggestions of the NCTRN Co Chairmen – Sultan and Ooni did not succeed.
Fulani Herdsmen Menace is the biggest corruption in Nigeria today and biggest threat to National Security and National Economy. Sustainable Solutions to Fulani Herdsmen Menace lie in Fighting and Winning War on Terrorism, Hunger, Malnutrition, Poverty, Disease and Corruption within Integrated Sustainable Solutions.
It is a puzzle that a Fulani Sultan who is a retired General and Security Man and who has been aware of such Integrated Sustainable Solutions since June 2017 could in December 2017 make public statement to the effect that a Federal Government of Nigeria headed by a Fulani President is failure talking Fulani Herdsmen Menace. The Big Question is What has this Fulani Sultan done to HELP this Fulani President achieve sustainable success talking Fulani Herdsmen Menace?
It is a bigger puzzle that a letter properly addressed to President Buhari through DSS containing Investigation and Resolution Report on Fulani Herdsmen Menace including Framework for Correct Diagnosis, Correct Prescription, Correct Surgery and Correct Recovery Management as well as clear warning that should Government allow Fulani Herdsmen Menace Time Bomb to explode, it would make Boko Haram child’s play. As at early 2017 Government had spent over US$2 billion on Boko Haram. The figure today is much higher and Government has just approved another US$1 Billion – money that could have gone to Sustainable Development and which Soldiers on Battle Front had sent SOS to President Buhari few months ago is subject of corrupt practices by Military Authorities. Tears and Blood keep flowing from Fulani Herdsmen Menace, yet President Buhari say the Attacks MUST STOP. This is Paradox that MUST be meaningfully addressed and on time.
There is strong need for President Buhari, Senate President Saraki, House Speaker Dogara to find out the root cause or primary cause of the Sultan’s December 2017 Lamentation as matter of urgent National Interest and come up with Sustainable Solutions to its underlying National Security and National Economy Challenge.
International Dimension – Alternative Brexit that Work
A Deal or No Deal End of ongoing Brexit Process will result in EU suffering with UK suffering more which is bad and Ireland and Africa especially Nigeria suffering as much as UK which is worse.
Now is Time for Ireland and Africa (led by Nigeria) to take Drivers’ seat and Pilot National and Global Collective Action for Alternative Brexit that meaningfully Deliver Stronger Republic of Ireland, Stronger Northern Ireland, Stronger UK, Stronger EU, Stronger Europe, Stronger Nigeria, Stronger Africa, Stronger US and Stronger World. To achieve this Republic of Ireland, other North Countries, Nigeria and other South Countries need to speedily adopt Joined Up Approach to help Northern Ireland and UK as well as EU Countries improve their Political Culture to shift focus away from Berxit as Force for Evil to Brexit as Force for Good. All necessary arrangements in this regard cannot be left to happen on its own but need to be negotiated, agreed and established and on time.
President Buhari is well respected in the International Arena. He is in a unique position to help Nigeria and World find required levels of Diplomacy, Development, Defence, Democracy, Data and Digitization Integrated Sustainable Solutions through Mutual Collaboration and Mutual Trust between Nigeria and Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, rest of UK, EU, Europe, other African Countries, US and other Countries Worldwide.
International Dimension – EU / AU Partnership that Work
The EU/AU Summit November 2017 outcome addressed issues of Economic Opportunities for Youth; Peace and Security; Mobility and Migration; Cooperation on Governance. Interventions in these Themes would be supported by EU/AU/UN Joint Task Migration Force and EU External Investment Plan 2018 – 2020 which aim at mobilizing Euro 44 Billion to fund Anti Illegal Migration or Anti Modern Day Slavery activities.
The Task Force ToR are:-
- To save and protect lives of migrants and refugees along illegal migration routes and in particular inside Libya.
- To accelerate the assisted voluntary returns of migrants and refugees to their countries of origin.
- To accelerate the resettlement of migrants and refugees in need of international protection.
- To build on, expand and accelerate work done by countries of origin and IOM with EU Funding.
- To intensify dismantling traffickers and criminal networks.
- To offer opportunities of development and stability to countries of origin and transit tackling root causes of illegal migration.
At the end of the Summit the EU, AU and UN agreed to upgrade in a systematic manner their trilateral cooperation and to meet on a regular basis at the highest political level, notably in the margins of UN General Assembly; other UN Events and other EU / AU Events. These meetings need to meaningfully address challenges of:-
- Building Bridge between Lessons Learning and Lessons Forgetting on UN Systems: UNO, WBG, IMF; EU and AU sides.
- Removing disconnect between communities in countries of origin and EC/EU Headquarters as well as UN System: UNO Headquarters New York; WBG Headquarters Washington and IMF Headquarters Washington.
- Alternative Brexit to avoid worsening Africa’s woes that worsen EU illegal Migration and Migration Abuse problems.
- Answering 2030 Agenda, especially SDG in both North and South Countries HOW questions
- Fighting and Winning War on Terrorism, Hunger, Malnutrition, Poverty, Disease and Corruption by 2030 Agenda Target Date.
Should Nigeria get her Act together, Nigeria could attract up to 40% of the fund and the fund could be significantly increased beyond Euro 44 Billion.
EEM to Kick Start Fighting and Winning Wars
The Fulani Herdsmen Menace needs to be addressed alongside ongoing Agitations in the Land. The issues go beyond what the National Council of States can handle hence urgent need for Emergency Extraordinary Meeting, EEM, to discuss Sustainable Solutions to Fulani Herdsmen Menace, Agitations and Nigeria Rescue Mission be scheduled within two weeks. The Participants at this EEM shall be:-
a) Ag President
b) All Former Presidents and Vice Presidents
c) Senate Leadership
d) National Judicial Council Leadership
e) House of Representatives Leadership
f) All Former SSGs and HOSFs
g) SSG and HOSF
h) All Governors
i) All remaining Federal Executive Council Members
j) All High Command Army, Navy, Airforce, Military Intelligence, DSS, NIA, Police, NSCDC
k) All Trustees National Council Traditional Rulers of Nigeria, NCTRN.
l) Supreme Council of Islam in Nigeria Leadership
m) Christian Association of Nigeria Leadership
n) Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria Leadership
o) Major Muslim Missions Leadership
p) ISPE/EAG Team
The EEM discussions shall focus on:-
a) 16 March 2016 Letter to President Buhari through DSS Ondo State Command and DG DSS.
b) 30 March 2017 Letter to President Buhari through NSCDC Ekiti State Command and Commandant General NSCDC.
c) 19 June 2017 Letter to Ag President Osinbajo
d) New Nigeria National Development Challenge.
Letter to PMB – Big Questions?
SA to President Buhari on Media, Garba Shehu said on NTA on 29 May 2016 that PMB looked Nigerians in the face and told us to swallow bitter pill of Petrol Price increase. Nigerians Complied. Nigerians in turn should look PMB in the face and DEMAND he swallow bitter pill of ending Fulani Herdsmen Menace. PMB should reciprocate by complying.
To demonstrate compliance PMB need to provide Nigerians with clear answers to the following specific questions:-
- Did DSS forward Letter to PMB? If No, all concerned officials should be sanctioned.
- Did Office of President forward Letter to PMB? If No, all concerned officials should be sanctioned.
- Did PMB take Action on the Letter but his Directive was thwarted, undermined or sabotaged? If Yes, all concerned officials should be sanctioned.
- Did PMB Refuse to take Action on the Letter? If Yes, PMB should apologize to Nigerians especially all those who have shed avoidable Tears and or Blood.
We urge President Buhari to recognize link between failure to solve Fulani Herdsmen Menace over the years and failure to solve Nigeria’s real and Complex Political, Economic, Social, Cultural, Religious, Cooperatives, Climate Change and Corruption problems in each Community in each of the 774 LGs in each of the 36 States and FCT as well as National level over the years on one hand and Sustainable Solutions to Fulani Herdsmen Menace moving forward and Sustainable Solutions to Nigeria’s real and Complex Political, Economic, Social, Cultural, Religious, Cooperatives, Climate Change and Corruption problems in each Community in each of the 774 LGs in each of the 36 States and FCT as well as National level moving forward.
These Integrated Sustainable Solutions need to be Integral Part of Nigeria Rescue Mission that Work and World Rescue Mission that Work. This is DOING Matter demonstrating and being seen to demonstrate clear answers to 2030 Agenda HOW questions and not Saying Matter that is essentially mere Rhetoric or Pontification by National and World Leaders.
If the Buhari Administration is to get DOING Right and on Time, the Starting Point is Frank and Blisteringly Truthful answers to above questions and early scheduling of Emergency Extra Ordinary Meeting, EEM, noting that preparatory work including National Reconciliation consultations for successful EEM need to start immediately.
Time to Reason and Get Real
We urge President Buhari to recognize that Now is Time to Reason and Get Real if sustainable solutions are to be found to Fulani Herdsmen Menace. We urge Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, UK and EU Leaders to recognize that Now is Tine to Reason and Get Real if sustainable solutions are to be found to Brexit and in ways that meaningfully address National and International Dimension of overarching SDG and remaining 2030 Agenda in all 193/306 UN Member States.
The Buhari Administration has achieved much but much more remand to be done. The reality is that of the over 120 million Poor in Nigeria today in daily pain and misery, the probability is that about 20 million are being served. This explains why National Economic Data may be improving since it is Oil Driven, while about 100 million poor Nigerians are left out and why the appalling Hunger, Malnutrition, Poverty and Disease levels in Nigeria over the years may be fuelling Insurgency and Terrorist activities
To meaningfully address these points there is a need for FGN to consider facing New Direction and Adopting New Priorities and in the process help Fight and Win War on Terrorism, Hunger, Malnutrition, Poverty, Disease and Corruption in Nigeria and World. President Buhari has Central Role to Play in Design and Delivery of Nigeria Rescue Mission that Work. And World Rescue Mission that Work.
There are Bright Prospects of Success to the Glory of God and the Sustainable Benefit of Humanity Worldwide in the Great Task of Rescuing our Son and Configuring Our World to End Terrorism, Hunger, Malnutrition, Corruption and Poverty in Nigeria and Worldwide. For Nigeria, God is Ready to help Muhammadu Buhari, if Muhammadu is Ready to Help Buhari.
Accepting Recognitions and Making Decisions:-
Ø President Buhari Need to Brace Himself Up to Achieve What is Impossible to Man but with God and Divine Helpers is Possible
Ø Sustainable Solutions – Very Technical, Very Political, Very Complex and Very Huge with Significant Financial Implication for Diverse Stakeholders – Community to Global
Ø Not Underrating Magnitude, Complexity and Depth of needed Intellectual Contribution
Ø Not Underrating needed Central Coordination of State Actors and Non State Actors Contribution on both North and South Countries sides
Ø Genuine Commitment to Ending National and International Intelligence Systems Failure
Ø Many Influential White American, Canadian, Irish (Republic of Ireland), Irish (Northern Ireland), British and EU Citizens personally known to President Buhari are Ready to Help Rescue Nigeria and Rescue our World. These Helps Need to be Meaningfully Harnessed and Effectively Deployed as Soon as Possible. Delay is Dangerous
Ø Intense Diplomatic Efforts and Real Political Will supported by
Ø Civil Service Diplomats & Defense / Military Diplomats as well as
Ø Internal Consultants and External Consultants within
Ø National and Global Central Coordination Multi Stakeholder Platforms / Partnerships equipped with
Ø HRD and Non HRD Frameworks appropriate for each specific Community, Sub-national, National, Sub-regional, Regional and Global Location Context deployed within
Ø Overarching Strategy - National and Global
Kick Start Activities:-
- Developing Overarching Strategy - National and Global.
- ISPE/EAG Meeting with President Buhari.
- Emergency Extra Ordinary Meeting, EEM of select Nigeria Leaders at National and States Levels including all Past Presidents with ISPE/EAG as Facilitator and Presenter Nigeria Rescue Mission National and Global Action Plan.
- EEM Preliminary Work including National Reconciliation consultations.
- Meeting with Select Influential White American, Irish (Republic Of Ireland, Irish (Northern Ireland), Canadian, British and EU Citizens personally known to President Buhari.
Dear Mr Rotimi,
Thank you for your messages.
I wish to express our appreciation for your interest in FAO’s work and activities, but nonetheless, I would like to point out that as a United Nations specialized agency, the Organization’s internal structure and processes’ change and development are only driven by member states.
Please note that FAO’s interventions at regional, sub-regional and country levels promote an integrated programme approach to food security and nutrition challenges and sustainable development, which are decided on by governments through Regional Initiatives and Country Programme Frameworks (CPF).
Your comments and issues’ about possible FAO structural and policy changes are much appreciated. Although, kindly note that as a Non State Actor (NSA), your organization cannot be involved in structural decision making processes and/or change of any kind related to FAO, given that NSAs are observers according to internal procedures. (it is pertinent to note that these Participation Issues are highlighted in UN Special Rapporteur on Development Rights Report 2017 and ISPE/EAG comment on the Report. Italics ours)
Extract Letter from Head FAO Partnership Unit 26 April 2017
International Society for Poverty Elimination / Economic Alliance Group
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 17 December 2017.