ECONOMIC ALLIANCE GROUP INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR POVERTY ELIMINATION
(Global Integrated Innovative Sustainable Solutions Provider) (Global Social Development Innovation Organization)
ER&A NEHMAP Initiative
ER and Associates Limited New End Hunger, Malnutrition and Poverty Initiative
(International Development Cooperation Consultants) (Global Social Economy and Social Enterprise Organization)
ISPE EAG Comment on HOW to Fight and WIN War on CONVID 19 in this 2020s’
SBCC 2020 Outcome: Achieving Delivery on SDGs Pledge in each specific Community, Country, Continent location context, in less than 11 years remaining to end 2030 target date - Call for Development Cooperation Rapid/Fast and Radical/Fundamental Change in all 193 UN Member States Governments – Executive, Legislature, Judiciary in all Tiers as well as in all UN System: UNO, WBG, IMF, WTO (ITO) Entities – Headquarters, Regional Offices, Sub-regional Offices, Country Offices and Sub-Country Offices and their National and International Partners sides – Beyond Slogan.
At the end of 17 of 60 Quarters of SDG Implementation on 31 March 2019, all 193 UN Member States remain Off Track achieving SDGs Pledge Delivery by end 2030.
The overarching outcome of UN Development Cooperation Forum, DCF 2018 was urgent need for National and International Development Cooperation Radical/Fundamental and Rapid/Fast Change, if all 193 UN Member States are to get DONE, the much that remain to be DONE, in less than 11 years remaining to end 2030 target date, is to be DONE and on time. Yet Call to Action essentially remains mere Talk or Slogan.
The USA NASA and UNFCCC in 2018 respectively warned that should our World fail to take appropriate Climate Change Action, in next 12 years to 2030 (from 2018), the ultimate consequences of such failure, will be catastrophic for our Fragile Planet. Yet in 2020, there is still no Framework for All Inclusive, All Embracing Action that is Adequately Ambitious, in all 193 UN Member States, to avoid this looming ultimate catastrophic consequences.
CONVID 19 is making the difficult task of getting all 193 UN Member States back On Track to achieve SDGs Pledge Delivery in less than 11 years remaining to end 2030 target date, especially more difficult. Ongoing approach at Fighting War on CONVID 19 Driven by CONVID 19 as Force for Evil is already Catalyzing National, Regional and Global Depressions that promise to make 1930s’ Global Depression Child’s Play.
The UN Behavioral Insights Week, UNBIW, 14 – 18 October 2019, a Global Summit, indeed underlined the fact that Innovation is Master Key, if the much that remain to be DONE, to get all 193 UN Member States effectively get back On Track, to achieve Delivery on SDGs Pledge in the less than 11 years remaining to end 2030 target date, is to be DONE and on time.
If the Great Mismatch and Huge Gap between Solutions needed to effectively get all 193 UN Member States back On Track to achieve SDGs Pledge Delivery, in the less than 11 years remaining to end 2030 target date and Solutions being provided in past over 4 years of SDGs Implementation ending March 2019, is to become Great Match and Filled Gap, there is a need for all Leaders in identified Major Stakeholder Groups to Change Course and without delay.
Should ILO, FAO, UNDESA, remaining UNO Entities; 193 UN Member States; Universities and Higher Education Institutions as One Authorities support Pre Summit Days, Summit Days and Post Summit Days Activities and Events; ILO, FAO, UNDESA, remaining UNO Entities; 193 UN Member States; Universities and Higher Education Institutions would be contributing their quota towards turning the Great Mismatch to Great Match and effectively filling the Huge Gap.
Major Reasons why CONVID 19 is spreading more widely and more rapidly within and between Countries in our World today
1. Delayed and Poor Medical response to Detection, Treatment and Prevention of CONVID 19.
2. Mismanaging the Communication of Preventive Measures is execrating the spread of CONVID 19 epidemic, now classified by WHO as pandemic (note pandemic does not refer to lethality of the virus but to its transmissibility and geographical extension in medical terms but to the public pandemic refers to its lethality) and stigmatizing those already affected by CONVID 19.
3. Delayed, Poor and Uncoordinated response of National Governments in affected Countries to Detection, Treatment and Prevention of CONVID 19 is increasing its spread – infections and deaths in these affected Countries.
4. Indifference and cant enter my Country response of National Governments in yet to be affected Countries account for WHY about 100 Countries have been affected after China and remaining 93 Countries, that is all 193 of 193 UN Member States, will sooner than later be affected by CONVID 19.
5. National Government Inaction and lack of Public Health/Public Health Emergency National, Regional and Global Policy Coherence, Cooperation, Collaboration and Coordination response as well as Public Apathy has allowed the disease - CONVID 19 to spread more widely and more rapidly within and between Countries, in the process causing more deaths.
6. In times of crisis the General Public looks for leadership and reassurance. In the 1980s the politicisation of AIDS epidemics along conservative moral and political lines, severely delayed national governments from taking necessary actions. Today, politicisation of the impacts of CONVID-19 on national economies and international co-operation, may have already served to similarly impede taking the requisite actions to mitigate the effects of the virus.
7. Black Monday 9 March 2020 is Evidence that should National Leaders and World Leaders Fail to speedily Change Course, ongoing way of Fighting War on CONVID 19 is already Catalyzing National, Regional and Global Depression that would make 1930s’ Global Depression Child’s Play.
8. CONVID-19 has already led to a rise in racism and xenophobia, particularly directed against East Asian communities. Discrimination and moral panic go hand-in-hand with epidemics.
9. The communication of scientific uncertainty continues to be a challenge with CONVID-19. Somewhat ironically, a now withdrawn preprint claiming an “uncanny resemblance” between HIV and CONNVID-19, has already led to the development of conspiracy theories. Whilst the rapid sharing of early scientific findings is important, the AIDS example shows how even the naming of the virus can have dangerous unintended consequences. Articles can always be withdrawn, but the damage they do and the resulting fallacies they create are harder to undo.
10. We are now in New Media Age. National Governments Willingness, Sound Scientific Advice and Clear Messaging around CONVID 19 need to speedily converge in all 100 Countries already affected by CONVID 19 as well as in the remaining 93 Countries yet to be affected by CONVID 19 that Result in an Era defining Public Health Campaign in all 193 UN Member States that will be disseminated in large part via newspapers and television.
11. Today, Social Media enables unfiltered and unreliable information about CONVID 19 to be shared rapidly. Without resorting to outright censorship, there are ways in which social media platforms can direct searches in all 193 UN Member States to official sources of Public Health Information. This type of National, Regional and Global Fight and Win War on CONVID 19 Campaign today, would do well to maximise the benefits that social media can offer, for targeting specific people, and providing individualised messages, which would require a more nimble and agile public information campaign.
12. We certainly have a pandemic of fear. The entire planet’s media is gripped by CONVID 19. It is right that there is deep concern and mass planning for worst-case scenarios. And, of course, the repercussions move from the global health sphere into business and politics. But it is also right that we must not panic. It would be wrong to say there is good news coming out of CONVID-19, but there are causes for optimism; reasons to think there may be ways to contain and defeat the virus. And lessons to learn for the future.
13. Ignacio López-Goñi is microbiologist and works in University of Navarra, Spain, in this article lists 10 Reasons WHY you ought not to Panic from CONVID 19.
14. Dr. Ifeanyi Nsofor is a medical doctor, the CEO of EpiAFRIC, Director of Policy and Advocacy for Nigeria Health Watch gives 4 Reasons WHY News Agencies Must Paint a Complete Picture of CONVID 19.
15. Donald Nicolson an Academic Researcher urged the National Governments to Learn Lessons from UK National Government experience handling AIDS epidemic in the 1980s’ to understand HOW to Fight and WIN War on CONVID 19 in this 2020s’
US President, Moroccan King and other World Leaders: Change Course Now
It is clear from the above Findings that ongoing approach at Fighting War on CONVID 19 is Not Working; that should World Leaders Fail to Change Course by 30 June 2020, it will be too late to get all 193 UN Member States back On Track to achieve SDGs Pledge Delivery by 2030 and that our World will be on CONVID 19 as Force for Evil Auto Pilot to Ultimate Catastrophic Consequences of Failure to achieve SDGs Pledge Delivery by 2030.
We agree with US President Trump, when he said during his latest Oval Office Address to his Fellow Americans “The Media should view this as a time of unity and strength. We have a common enemy, actually, an enemy of the World, the CoronaVirus. We must beat it as quickly and safely as possible. There is nothing more important to me than the life & safety of the United States!”.
However, we disagree with his method, with all due respects to the Most Powerful President on Planet Earth today.
President Trump, the best way of protecting American Lives from CONVID 19 is not to SHUT America and Americans from other Countries in our World today – affected on not, that is, as Evidenced by Black Monday, already Catalyzing Global Depression that would make the 1930s’ Global Depression Child’s Play; it is by Learning Lessons from AIDS in the 1980s’ to move away from focus on problems and blame; Old Ideas, Old Thinking and Old Ways of DOING Things as you are doing and Global and National Media Dividing and Weakening Us and shift towards focus on solutions and opportunities; New Ideas, New Thinking and New Ways of DOING Things and Global and National Media UNITING and STRENGTHENING Us that you have Rightly Called For and need to speedily consider Co- Chief Championing as Americas Gift to our World that HELP Win War on CONVID 19 on Sustainable and Successful basis rather than DOING more HARM – not your Intention but what you existing Solution will Deliver in the weeks and months ahead.
SBCC 2020 for Mobilizing Global Sustainable Solutions to Win War on CONVID 19
President Trump, if you are genuinely interested in Fighting and WINNING War on CONVID 19, please consider meaningfully addressing all fundamental points in this message and Persuade, if necessary PRESSURE US Global and National Media to effectively support New Approach to Fighting and WINNING War on CONVID 19 Driven by CONVID 19 as Force for Good that is Uniting and Strengthening all Peoples in all 193 UN Member States and let us see if your Ambition to Fight and WIN War on CONVID 19, will not achieve increasing convergence between Intention and Reality and on Successful and Sustainable basis.
King Mohammed IV, your Country is Hosting Social and Behavioral Change Communication Global Assembly, SBCC 30 March – 3 April, 2020. This very important Conference has been postponed for CONVID 19 reasons. We are in continuing constructive engagement with US John Hopkins University, JHU the Host, One of the Top 10 Universities in the World and the Global Leader in Social and Behavioral Change, SBC, not to yield to FEAR and Panic, but to reverse SBCC 2020 postponement and reinvigorate it to ensure its outcome help Design and Deliver New Ideas, New Thinking and New Ways of DOING things, thus helping to Fight and Win WAR on CONVID 19 Linked to achieving SDGs Pledge Delivery by 2030, in all 193 UN Member States.
King Mohammed IV, like President Trump, you have much to gain if US Government and Moroccan Government Lead other North and South Countries Governments to attend rescheduled and reinvigorated SBCC 30 March – 3 April 2020.
Political Will Matters – Online Discussions and Networking that Work
Political Will is simply Massive Publicity. Political Will or Massive Publicity is necessary if US Government, Moroccan Government, other North and South Countries Governments are to Work Together to Succeed Together in Fighting and WINNING War on CONVID 19. With 17 Days to SBCC 2020, there is much to be DONE, if SBCC 2020 Outcome is to Help Win War on CONVID 19 Linked to achieving SDGs Pledge Delivery in all 193 UN Member States and in the less than 11 years remaining to end 2030 target date.
Should US Government, Moroccan Government, other North and South Countries Governments be genuinely interested in SBCC 2020 Outcome that effectively Help to Shift CONVID 19 from being Force for Evil to Force for Good, then Change MUST Start from World Leaders starting from President Trump and King Mohammed IV Changing Course Now to reverse SBCC 2020 postponement in Global Interest and as Catalyst for meaningfully deploying CONVID 19 as Force for Good in ways that HELP get DONE the much that remain to be DONE, if all 193 UN Member States are to achieve SDGs Pledge Delivery in the less than 11 years remaining to end 2030 target date.
Our World is at Cross Roads – One Road Lead to National, Regional and Global Unity, Peace and Prosperity, the other Lead to National, Regional and Global Division, Conflict and Poverty.
National and World Leaders had over the years been Pussy Footing Joint Work towards achieving unprecedented levels of Policy Coherence, Collaboration Cooperation and Coordination required to achieve National, Regional and Global Goals.
Fighting and Winning War on CONVID 19, DEMANDS that National and World Leaders speedily put in place required mechanisms, technical processes and political process for achieving unprecedented levels of Policy Coherence, Collaboration Cooperation and Coordination within Public Health Emergency and Public Health Systems and Services in each of the 193 UN Member States.
To keep up the momentum and extend the required mechanisms, technical processes and political process for achieving unprecedented levels of Policy Coherence, Collaboration Cooperation and Coordination to entire Health and Well Being Systems and Services and remaining National System and Services in all 193 UN member States and On Time to ensure that all that remain to be DONE in less than 11 years remaining to achieve SDGs Pledge Delivery in all 193 UN Member States are DONE, will not be difficult.
There are bright prospects of success should SBCC 2020 postponement be reversed and SBCC 2020 be reinvigorated to deliver outcome suggested in this message. However, there are ultimate catastrophic consequences should it be Business as Usual Leading to Failure to Win War on CONVID 19 and all 193 UN Member States FAILURE to achieve SDGs Pledge Delivery in the less than 11 years remaining to end 2030 target date.
It is our hope that opportunity for bright prospects of success would not be lost. To avoid this answer to HOW questions within Pilot Program and Scale Up Program need to start without delay within SBCC 30 March 2020 – 3 April 2020 Pre Conference Days (17 Days remaining from today 12 March 2020); Conference Days and Post Conference Days (especially from 4 April 2020 – 30 June 2020, the Last Day for National Leaders and World Leaders to have Put their Countries Firmly On Trak to achieve SDGs Pledge Delivery in less than 11 years remaining to end 2030 target date) as One Events and Activities at National, Regional and Global levels.
Economic Alliance Group
(Global Integrated Innovative Sustainable Solutions Provider)
Affiliate Members: International Society for Poverty Elimination
(Global Social Development Innovation Organization);
ER and Associates Limited
(National and International Development Cooperation Consultants)
New End Hunger, Malnutrition and Poverty, NEHMAP Initiative
(Global Social Economy and Social Enterprise Organization) etc