ECONOMIC ALLIANCE GROUP INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR POVERTY ELIMINATION
(Global Integrated Sustainable Solutions Organization) (Global Foundation)
ER&A NEHMAP Initiative
ER and Associates Limited New End Hunger, Malnutrition and Poverty
(International Development Cooperation Consultants) (Global Cooperatives Management Organization)
NEHMAP Comment on UNGA75 General Debate, Global Goals Week,
Global Policy Dialogue for Results: Achieving SDGs in the
Wake of COVID-19: Scenarios for Policy Makers
Strengthening GIE, GIE-MLC, SCR, UNSC, UNDESA, UNESCO and UN System to Better Contribute Towards Rethinking War on COVID-19; War on Climate Change Mistakes; War on Hunger, Malnutrition and Poverty; War on Inequality, Injustice and Conflicts; War on Corruption, Indiscipline and Impunity and Task to Achieve SDGs in All Countries by 2030 to avoid
Imminent Perishing of our Fragile Planet (3)
“The recovery will require all tools to address a critical moment that may be as transformational (if World Leaders get it Right) as it is bleak (more frankly catastrophic, if World Leaders get it Wrong)”.
Ms. Christine Largarde, Managing Director European Central Bank
On Monday 28 September 2020 UNDESA launched a New Survey aimed at finding answers to the Main Research Question: Is COVID19 Impacting Countries abilities to engage Stakeholders in the Implementation and Follow Up of the SDGs? with Friday 9 October 2020 as deadline for interested Individuals, Institutions and Governments to respond to the Survey Invitation.
This is a Mute Question as the answer is already known to UNDESA ab initio. It would have been quite different had the Survey Main Research Question been: With 10 years remaining to end 2030 target date to achieve SDGs, How could Countries abilities to engage Stakeholders in the Implementation and Follow Up of the SDGs be reinforced within Comprehensive Response to COVID19 at Minimum Certain Levels required to achieve SDGs as soon as possible after 2030 and reach Global Goals 2050 by end 2050 target date and in ways that indeed ensure No One is Left Behind by end 2050?
It is pertinent to note that UNDESA and other UN Membership have in Multiple UN Events: 23 April 2020; 28 May 2020 in collaboration with the Governments of Canada and Jamaica; 15-16 June 2020 – UNGC; 1-2 and 7-9 July 2020 – ILO; 6-17 July 2020; UNGA75 6-29 September 2020 – General Debate, Global Goals Week and Global Policy Dialogue in collaboration with Governments of Canada and Jamaica contributed towards answering this Survey Question but apparently failed since UNDESA is still searching for answer to the Research Question.
Records show that in these April 2020 – September 2020 UN Events, at least One Organization made Submissions setting out Valuable Suggestions and Inputs providing clear answers to the Survey Question that entire UN Membership including UNDESA and Governments in both North and South Countries Ignored, Avoided or Evaded.
As long as entire UN Membership and all Arms of All Tiers of Governments in all UN Member States keep Ignoring, Avoiding or Evading Sound Answers to How Questions; they will keep dancing around issues and remain powerless as our World increase acceleration on MADning (Mutually Assured Destruction) Road to DOOM.
As no One Know when our World will race past irreversibility point in ongoing acceleration on MADning Road to DOOM, continuing effort must be made by all Men and Women of Goodwill and relevant Know How, to effectively sensitize World Leaders on UN, North Countries and South Countries sides to genuinely recognize that mere Words, Wishes, Slogan and Rhetoric cannot answer these How Questions.
Our World will avoid Guaranteed Global Colossal Catastrophic Consequences of Failure to answer these How Questions, at its extreme Resulting in all People on EU, Europe and rest of the World sides Dying 1st; all Businesses on EU, Europe and rest of the World sides Dying 2nd and entire Planet Earth Dying 3rd ONLY through World Leaders on entire UN and all Governments sides Changing Course Immediately to start accelerating on MAPing (Mutually Assured Prosperity) Road to BOOM.
In NEHMAP Comment on UNGA75 Paper (1) we raised serious issues of serious business DEMANDING serious attention of entire UN Membership and All UN Member States Governments. These points effectively address answers to How Questions avoided or evaded by entire UN Membership and All Governments in All UN Member States, especially in the past 5 Years of SDGs Implementation.
In NEHMAP Comment on UNGA75 Paper (2), we focused on the Government of Kingdom of Netherlands, a Union of European and Caribbean Countries, through the Ministers of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation letter of 12 April 2018 requesting for Advice on Human Rights and the SDGs from the Netherlands Advisory Council on International Affairs, AIV; the Independent Body which advices the Government of Kingdom of Netherlands on International Affairs; AIV Report of May 2019 responding to the Government of Kingdom of Netherlands Letter and drew attention of entire UN Membership and Governments in UN Member States to HOW they could benefit from transforming AIV Suggestions and Inputs from Vision and Words without Action to Vision and Words with Action and in ways that help UN and Countries Fight and Win War on COVID19; War on Climate Change Mistakes; War on Hunger, Malnutrition and Poverty; War on Inequality, Injustice and Conflicts; War on Corruption, Indiscipline and Impunity linked to achieving SDGs as soon as possible after 2030 (any Individual, Institution or Government still talking of achieving SDGs by 2030 is in Denial, Deception or Delusion) and reaching Global Goals 2050 by end 2050 target date.
It is against this background that in this NEHMAP Comment on UNGA75 Paper (3) we share our thoughts on Priorities and Action Moving Forward in Urgent Global Interest.
Acid Test of Credibility of UNSG International Cooperation
H.E. UNSG Antonio Guteress in a 24 September 2020 Speech to UN Security Council
amplified on H.E Twitter Handle as
“COVID19 is a clear Test of International Cooperation – a Test We (on entire UN Membership and All UN Member States Governments including Government of Kingdom of Netherlands) are Failing thus Far.
We need more and better Multilaterism that works effectively and delivers for the people we (on entire UN Membership and All UN Member States Governments including Government of Kingdom of Netherlands) serve.
We have commended H.E. UNSG Antonio Guteress Courage for Publicly Accepting this Failure. We have noted that the Public Admission of this International Cooperation Failure at celebration of SDGs 5th Anniversary in September 2020 against background of COVID19 wrecking increasing havoc and devastation in all UN Member States and UK/EU Brexit making Bad Situation Worse for UK, EU and rest of the World underline urgent need for Government of Netherlands, remaining Governments and entire UN to Revisit the April 2018 Main Question and Subsidiary Questions with a View to converting AIV 2019 Report responding to the Questions from Vision and Words without Action to Vision and Words with Acton and in Urgent Global Interest.
In UNGA75 Program of Events made Public, H.E. UN Secretary General Antonio Guteress was scheduled to present 2020 UN Annual Report on the Work of the UN to World Leaders on the same day as he made above statement – 24 September 2020 at a different event.
It will be recalled that in NEHMAP Comment on UNGA75 Paper (1) we noted that H.E. UN Secretary General Antonio Guteress in his Annual Report A/75/1 to UNGA 75 that was scheduled for presentation on Thursday 24 September 20020, Day 3 of the General Debate, we noted H.E. made important points, including:-
1. Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, the world was not on track to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals by the target date of 2030. Now, we face the deepest global recession since the Second World War and the broadest collapse in incomes since 1870.
2. We must act now to maintain progress made on sustainable development. We share a common fate. Only with true solidarity and unity will we achieve our shared goals and uphold our values.
3. COVID-19 also brought home the drastic need to rebalance the human relationship with the natural world. We were already approaching the point of no return on climate change. Recovery from COVID-19 must go hand in hand with climate action.
4. The pandemic is having profound social, economic and political consequences, and we must do everything possible to find the peace and unity that our world needs. There can be only one fight in our world today: our shared battle against COVID-19.
5. As we emerge from this pandemic, we cannot go back to a world that was delivering only for the few. We need a new social contract within States and a new global deal between States. We need new global governance, rebalanced financial and trade systems, effective delivery of critical global public goods and decision-making guided by standards of sustainability. Our recovery from COVID-19 and our renewal of multilateralism must be based on fair globalization, on the rights and dignity o f every human being, on living in balance with nature, on taking account of the rights of future generations and on success measured in human rather than economic terms.
6. As we grapple with the effects of COVID-19, we have an opportunity to build a more equal world. This means creating a new social contract – integrating education, employment, sustainable development and social protection – based on equal rights and opportunities for all. Social protection systems for the future must include universal health coverage and promote women’s employment and gender equality, investment in public services and economies that work for people and the planet.
7. We also need a global new deal in which global governance and financial and trade systems are rebalanced and decisions are guided by standards of sustainability, giving light to the aspirations in the 2030 Agenda. COVID-19 is a human tragedy, but it has also created a generational opportunity. Let us make the commitment to build back better, upholding the vision and resolve reflected in the Charter signed 75 years ago, which continues to guide our way forward together.
and that the ongoing UNGA75 General Debate and Global Goals Week was repeating Past ERRORS as Re-occurring Decimal as EAG earlier Predicted. The Paper was Published on our Blog on 23 September 2020 to make it publicly available and sent in Private along with further relevant comments to concerned UN Member Entities.
We note with concern that in the same way concerned UN Entities Updated UN Comprehensive Response to COVID19 July 2020 to New UN Comprehensive Response to COVID19 September 2020 and included cherry picked EAG Valuable Suggestions and Inputs; concerned UN Entities have Updated UNSG Annual Report on the Work of the UN July 2020 to New UNSG Annual Report on the Work of the UN September 2020 and included cherry picked EAG Valuable Suggestions and Inputs as evidenced by
promoted on H.E Twitter handle using this Strong Statement:-
“There is No Other Way to meaningfully and effectively address Global Challenges COVID19, Climate, Poverty Pandemics and related Global Challenges but to act collectively at domestic and global levels. It is not enough to proclaim Multilateralism – We - entire UN Membership: Headquarters, Regional Offices and Country Offices; All Arms of All Ties of Government in All North and South Countries / UN Member States – Creating DEMAND and Businesses: Micro, Small, Medium, Large and Transnational Enterprises / Social Enterprises; Universities and Higher Education Institutions: Academic Staff, Non Academic Staff, Postgraduate Students and Undergraduate Students and Consultants: Reform and Non Reform Creating SUPPLY, Must Prove its ADDED VALUE.
The entire UN will Keep FAILING Acid Test of Credibility of UN International Cooperation including Multilateralism Interventions and Initiatives as long as entire UN and all Governments do not meaningfully involve Original Ideas Creators – People in both North and South Countries, within and beyond UN System, who through their unadulterated struggle and commitment, use their God given Talents to genuinely seek True Peace, Security; Equality, Equity; Dignity and Justice Driving Transformation of Society as applicable or appropriate in each specific Community, Sub-Country, Country, Sub-Continent, Continent and Global/Planet location context.
Facing Facts: World at Turning Point or End Point – The Way Forward
The most extreme Capitalist Countries in our World today now know that their Countries cannot be stable without Minimum Certain levels of Social Welfare. This underlines urgent need to Rethink Capitalism, Rethink Social Welfare, Rethink Human Rights and Rethink Development Rights alongside other Rethinkings including Rethinking Globalization, Rethinking Governance, Rethinking Digitization, Rethinking 4th Industrial Revolution and Rethinking 4th Agricultural Revolution etc to be Fit for 21st Century and as appropriate or applicable in each specific North or South Country specific National Context and in ways that Best Support Domestic and Global Stakeholders in the North or South Country context Working Together to Success Together Fighting and Winning identified 5 Wars linked to achieving SDGs as soon as possible after 2030 and reaching Global Goals 2050 and in ways that ensure No One is Left Behind by end 2050.
Communism is the most extreme form of Socialism. Therefore extreme Communism and extreme Socialism is Same Same No Difference. That is the most extreme form of Socialism and the most extreme form of Communism are thee Same.
The most extreme Socialist/Communist Countries in our World today now know that their Countries cannot be stable without Minimum Certain levels of Capitalism. This underlines urgent need to Rethink Socialism, Rethink Communism, Rethink Social Welfare, Rethink Human Rights and Rethink Development Rights alongside other Rethinkings including Rethinking Globalization, Rethinking Governance, Rethinking Digitization, Rethinking 4th Industrial Revolution and Rethinking 4th Agricultural Revolution etc to be Fit for 21st Century and as appropriate or applicable in each specific North or South Country specific National Context and in ways that Best Support Domestic and Global Stakeholders in the North or South Country context Working Together to Success Together Fighting and Winning identified 5 Wars linked to achieving SDGs as soon as possible after 2030 and reaching Global Goals 2050 and in ways that ensure No One is Left Behind by end 2050.
The EU is a Sub-Continental / Sub-Regional International Institution Grouping of Countries. However, the EU presents itself as a Continental / Regional International Institution Grouping of Countries representing the Whole of the European Continent / Region. This Myth is not True. At other times the EU present itself or wish that it is a Sovereign Country with its Members as Federating Member States who have Individually Surrendered their Sovereignty to the EU. Again this Myth is Not True.
The Time is Now to effectively break the Viscous Circle of EU is in Crises (Multiple Crisis) and EU is the Crisis (Overarching Singular Crisis). If this is not done and on time, seeking to Fight and Win the identified 5 Wars linked to achieving SDGs as soon as possible after 2030 and pressing forward to reach Global Goals 2050 by end 2050 target date and in ways that Leave No One Behind is Simply Mirage or Exercise in Futility.
If World Leaders on UN and UN Member States sides are serious about Fighting and Winning identified 5 Wars linked to achieving SDGs as soon as possible after 2030 and reaching Global Goals 2050 by end 2050 target date through Domestic and Global Stakeholders in All North and South Countries Work Together to Succeed Together and in ways that Leave No One Behind by end 2050, these Leaders need to recognize that:-
1. Double Whammy of Brexit as Force for Evil and COVID19 as Force for Evil will certainly increase acceleration on MADning Road to DOOM in EU, Europe and rest of the World
2. Should irreversibility point be passed in ongoing acceleration on MADning Road to DOOM imminent looming Guaranteed Global Colossal Catastrophe become reality and at its extreme resulting in all People on EU, Europe and rest of the World sides Dying 1st; all Businesses on EU, Europe and rest of the World sides Dying 2nd and entire Planet Earth Dying 3rd.
3. Should Leaders of Governments on EU, Europe and rest of the World as well as entire UN Membership sides Change Course now to Start accelerating on MAPing (Mutually Assured Prosperity) Road to BOOM (before irreversibility point on MADning Road to DOOM is passed noting that 1 Day Delay may be 1 Day too late) and with renewed Determination Individually and Jointly Decide to Make Original UN Charter Vision Work through Jointly Deploying Brexit as Force for Good and COVID19 as Force for Good towards the Organization, Orientation and Discipline of Citizens in all North and South Countries to be the Moving Force Driving Transformation of Society at each specific Community, Sub-Country, Country, Sub-Continent and Global location context for achieving National Goals and Global Goals
4. National and Global Interventions that Work in (1) – (3) cannot be done by Words, Wishes, Slogan, Rhetoric but by Thoughtful Conceptualization with Practice and Action and in ways that effectively fill all identified Information, Research, Knowledge, Innovation and Ambition Gaps as applicable or appropriate in each specific Community, Sub-Country, Country, Sub-Continent and Global location context.
World at Turning Point or End Point: The Way Forward – 3 Day HLPF/HLVM
It is clear that UNGA75 Global Debate, Global Goals Week and Global Policy Dialogue Events have again repeated Past ERRORS, thus contributing little or NOTHING towards Design and Delivery of UN Innovations and Non UN Innovations as One that meaningfully address the 4 Point Agenda for Moving Forward that Work set out above.
The points made by H.E. UNSG Antonio Guteress quoted above underline urgent Need for relevant UN Headquarters Entities to Approve scheduling of 3 Day High Level Political Forum / High Level Virtual Meeting, HLPF Suggestion put forward by NAHMAP/EAG for Mid November 2020 with entire UN Membership Leadership and Leadership of all Governments in All UN Member States genuinely committing themselves at the Event to effectively supporting Pre Summit Days, Summit Days and Post Summit Days as One Technical and Political Process Discussions.
These Technical and Political Process Discussions need to start without further delay.
The 3 Day HLPF/HLVM will have as Working Documents:-
1. New UNSG Annual Report on Work of the UN September 2020
2. New UN Comprehensive Response to COVID19 September 2020
3. Dutch AIV Human Rights and SDGs Report May 2019
4. EAG Valuable Suggestions and Inputs to UN Distilled from EAG Submissions to UN April – September 2020.
UN Member States are looking up to UN Principal Organ Entities, especially UN Secretariat Entities for Practical Help and Support to respond effectively to National and Global Challenges identified above, that each Government is grappling with.
UN Secretariat Entities cannot give what they do not have. Yet UN Membership and Governments know where to go for Inspiration supporting better design and delivery of National and Global Integrated Innovative Sustainable Solutions to National and Global Challenges facing entire UN Membership and all UN Member States.
Should UN and Governments in North and South Countries take all necessary measures to ensure this Bright Prospects of Success become reality; UN and Governments in North and South Countries would have helped Save our Fragile Planet from Imminent Guaranteed Perishing.
God Bless UN. God Bless our World.
NEHMAP Team Leader and
Economic Alliance Group (Global Integrated Sustainable Solutions Provider)