NEW END HUNGER AND POVERTY FULANI CATTLE SOLUTIONS FORUM
The New End Hunger and Poverty, NEHAP Program is an Initiative of International Society for Poverty Elimination / Economic Alliance Group, ISPE / EAG aimed at promoting Spirit of Enterprise as Antidote to Poverty through implementing Agriculture Revolution Program that is productive and profitable for putting food at affordable prices in the stomach of our people, particularly the poor and money in their pocket.
The Fulani Cattle Destroying Crops Menace is a serious Challenge that needs to be Professionally tackled if the entire Crop Farming System in Nigeria is not to collapse, with attendant expected and unexpected consequences, if urgent remedial ACTION is not take by all concerned authorities and on time.
In Part 1 of this Series we highlighted urgent need for Correct Diagnosis of all root Agriculture, Security, Justice and Corruption problems on the ground as specific to each affected Community as basis for Design and Delivery of Correct Prescription, Surgery and Recovery Management: Policy, Program, Project Interventions, 3PIs and 3PIs Training as One. And we noted that His Highness the Regent of Aiyede Ogbese suggested a Meek Approach rather than a Militant Approach while we suggested Carrot and Stick Approach or Blend of Meek Approach and Militant Approach.
His Highness the Regent of Ogbese had a meeting with Two Farmers – a Widow with 8 Children - Ngozi and a Man – Mustapha who suffered Four serial attacks on their Farm leading to loss of crops whose market value is about N4 million and Fulani Leaders. Mustapha a few days ago lost his 3 year old son to curable disease because Fulani had imposed Penury upon him. Clearly if his crops had not been destroyed, he could have been able to afford medical treatment that could have saved his son’s life. His Highness the Regent of Aiyede Ogbese intended the Meek Approach as Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanism to bring Peace to her Rural Aiyede Ogbese Community, Akure North LGA, Ondo State.
Regretfully after several hours of deadlock in which Mustapha was unable to properly state his case. He could not defend the fair market price of N 4 million. The Fulani Leaders who are more articulate than Fulani Herdsmen and who Defend their own, insisted that Fulani in his first statement to Police wrote N150,000 and since they have spent N350,000 to defend their brethren, they have nothing to Pay Mustapha. After about 4 hours, out of deference to His Highness the Regent, the Fulani Leaders “Graciously” agreed to pay N50,000 which His Highness the Regent asked Mustapha and Ngozi to consider and accept or reject. To end their misery under the principle of “half loaf better than none”, they decided to “Leave Everything in God’s Hand” and accept the N50,000 offer.
We did not know about this negotiation until it was sealed. We called His Highness the Regent to let her know that Grave Injustice had been done. His Highness the Regent agreed that when she observed Mustapha was making Statements detrimental to his cause, she asked leading questions but he was unable to take the prompt. The facts of the Case are the Fulani in the first attack destroyed crops in which Mustapha and Ngozi invested N300,000. The market value could have been about N1 million. When the case got to the Police, the Police haven been bribed by the Fulani forced Mustapha to write N150,000 and were going to force his to accept N35,000 compensation when Ngozi contacted our Organization. They have since become NEHAP Members and we have been supporting them to get fair compensation for damaged crops.
We spoke to the Division Crime Officer Aiyede Ogbese Police Station. He said he was not aware the actual amount invested was N300,000 since Mustapha wrote N150,000 not to talk of being aware that fair market value was N1 million. He agreed that even if it was N150,000, a compensation of N35,000 was grossly inadequate. We requested that he guide the Investigating Police Officer, IPO and ensure Justice was done. We also raised the matter with Ondo Sate Police PRO. He called the Divisional Police Officer, DPO Ogbese and this secured better cooperation from the IPO and that he is statutorily the Lawyer of the Complainant and so his harassment that the Complainant should go and find a Lawyer was most inappropriate.
It was while this renewed investigation was ongoing that Fulani went for second attack that caused twice the earlier damage. This brought amount invested to over N900,000 and fair market value to about N3.2 million. At this case the two attacks were charged to court but the Police kept reporting N150,000 ( with benefit of hindsight, this was deliberate to favor Fulani in the event of Negotiation such as that arranged by His Highness the Regent). It is pertinent to note that the IPO kept harassing Mustapha to settle with Fulani and accept the N35,000. The two attacks were assigned two separate IPO’s. The Magistrate had to ask them to consolidate the cases. One of the IPO’s claim to know much about Rice Farming and confirmed that given the extent of destruction he saw, indeed Mustapha’s claim of N3.2 million is fair. There was a third attack and this brought Mustapha’s claim to N4 million but also meant that his entire Farming Enterprise in 2015 had been wiped out – eaten by Fulani Cows hence his penury. It is therefore logical to claim that Fulani Herdsmen killed Mustapha’s son.
When the Fulani Leaders found that our Institution was giving support to Mustapha and Ngozi, they vowed to spend as many millions as required to bribe Police, bribe Magistrate and Pay Lawyers rather than pay Mustapha and Nogzi One Kobo.
In the circumstance, the pertinent questions are:-
1. Given Facts of the Case, is Mustapha’s inability to marshal his points against a more Savvy Fulani Leadership enough for him to Lose his Crops and His Son?
2. When His Highness the Regent noticed that Mustapha was making Statements detrimental to his cause, could an adjournment not have been called?
3. Since the negotiation is grounded in injustice, is there no process for appeal within the Traditional Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanism?
4. Can Fulani Menace end through seeking Peace at price of Injustice?
Please find below some Placard Messages that could be used for Online #endfulanimenace Campaign as well as Peaceful Demonstration if or when such becomes glaring as requirement for securing full personal and official support of President Buhari and Buhari Administration:-
1. Fulani Menace: Enough is Enough
2. Acid Test Buhari War on Corruption: Lasting Solution to Fulani Impunity
3. PMB: Are U Turning Blind Eye to Fulani Herdsmen Crime Because they are Fulani?
4. Fulani Herdsmen Rights STOP Where Rights of other Nigerians’ START
5. Buhari Presidency, Call Fulani Herdsmen to ORDER B$ They BURN Nigeria
6. Is Buhari Presidency Pretending NOT to Know Fulani Herdsmen are Above D Law?
7. Fulani Menace: PMB Tackle Root Problems of Agric, Security, Justice and Corruption
8. PMB: Kill Fulani Menace Cancer B4 Fulani Menace Cancer Kill Nigeria
9. Can Agric Revolution succeed without Lasting Solution to Fulani Menace?
10. Why have Law Enforcement Agencies not Punished any Fulani for Crime Committed?
11. Fulani Menace: Crop Farmers PUSHED to the Wall. Don’t Wait for them to REACT.
12. Fulani Menace: Reject Ordered Change; Make Disordered Change Inevitable
13. PMB: STOP Fulani Herdsmen Menace
14. PMB: STOP Fulani Herdsmen Impunity
15. PMB: STOP Fulani Herdsmen Killing Crop Farmers
16. PMB: STOP Fulani Herdsmen Destroying Farmers Crops
17. PMB: Why are U Protecting Fulani Herdsmen?
18. Fulani cannot use their Farm to Destroy the Farms of other Nigerians
19. PMB: STOP Fulani Herdsmen B4 Fulani Herdsmen Destroy Nigeria
20. PMB: Fulani Impunity is Grand Corruption
21. PMB: STOP Fulani Herdsmen Corrupting Police
22. PMB: Crop Farmers Crying 4 Justice
23. PMB: Don’t U Care about Crop Farmers Debts, Misery and Deaths from Fulani?
24. PMB: Why U ignore TV Reports and Commentaries on Fulani Menace?
25. PMB: Why U ignore Radio Reports and Commentaries on Fulani Menace?
26. PMB: Why U ignore Newspaper Reports and Editorials on Fulani Menace?
27. PMB: Are Fulani Herdsmen Untouchable in Buhari Administration?
28. PMB: Is there separate Law for Fulani Herdsmen?
29. PMB: Why is Police fearing Fulani Herdsmen?
30. PMB: Why is Police favoring Fulani Herdsmen?
31. PMB: Why are Magistrates not Jailing Guilty Fulani Herdsmen?
32. PMB: Why are U turning blind eye to Crop Farmers Cries?
33. Crop Farmers to PMB: Save our Souls NOW
34. Crop Farmers to PMB: May Day! May Day !! May Day!!!
35. PMB: Fulani Menace is Height of Indiscipline
36. PMB: Fulani Menace is Height of Impunity
37. PMB: Fulani Menace is Height of Injustice
38. PMB: Fulani Menace is Height of Indifference
39. PMB: Fulani Menace underline Intelligence System Decay
40. PMB: Fulani Menace underline Police System Decay
41. PMB: Fulani Menace underline Justice System Decay
42. PMB: Fulani Menace underline Development System Decay
43. PMB: Fulani Menace underline Peace System Decay
44. PMB: Fulani Menace THREAT to Buhari Administration Agriculture Revolution
45. PMB: Fulani Menace THREAT to National Peace
46. PMB: Fulani Menace THREAT to National Security
47. PMB: Fulani Menace THREAT to National Economy
48. PMB: Modern Livestock Farming in Nigeria worth over N3 Trillion annually
49. PMB: Ensure Fulani Herdsmen PAY FULL Compensation to Crop Farmers
50. PMB: Ensure Fulani Herdsmen STOP Destroying Farmers Crops
51. PMB: Ensure Fulani Herdsmen Practice Modern Livestock Farming
52. PMB: Ensure High Level Political Forum on Fulani Menace established Immediately
53. PMB: Establish Joint Action Committee on Fulani & Farmers Conflict Resolution
NEHAP FCSF Slogan: “Let us work together to benefit together”, “Kajo Se Kajo Je”.
We invite you to please join us to make #endfulanimenace National and International Campaign a huge success to the Glory of God and benefit of Humanity. For Participation, Support, Collaboration or to give ideas, seek clarification or make enquiry, please:
NEHAP / ISPE / EAG
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 08162469805
2 March 2016.